The ModBo 5.0 is a slight modern modification to the original ModBo 4.0 (a Matrix chip Clone, so a clone of a clone 😛 )
Unlike the 4.0, the 5.0 has support for booting software directly from Storage (HDD or USB). The chips we sell are high quality ones with WRITABLE FLASH, meaning THEY SAVE SETTINGS!
- Compatible with PS2 consoles V5 through V18.
- Matrix Infinity Firmware (Slightly Modified)
- Can play DVD’s from any region.
- Requires only 18-20 wires to be soldered.
- Stealth mode, the modchip can be disabled at boot.
- Supports DVD-9 games.
- Plays all PS2 CD and DVD games, imports and backups.
- Plays all PS1 game backups and imports from disc (anti modchip games only work with V9-V16 consoles).
- Supports multi-disc games.
These chips require competent soldering skills, I recommend either using one of our Wakko T-12 Soldering stations (or the cheaper iron-only kit) with the T12-JS02 or T12-I tips.
The JS02 tips are good because they are designed for removing solder bridges.
ALSO if you are installing into a “slim” console, please be careful not to mix the points up. Doing so can sometimes corrupt MECHACON firmware and mess up console region (the console will say it’s NTSC-J, the fan will always be 100% and discs will not read either!)
Have fun modding!